Thursday, October 12, 2017

Most profitable python programming skill in 2017 and beyond

Hello there,

This blog post will address the question:-
~ What Python skills are in demand in the freelance job market?
~ What Python skills are people/companies looking for?

I will share my python programming freelance experience since the beginning of this year 2017. Am also confident that this experience will last longer and remain relevant beyond 2017...

Python is one of the programming languages that is on the rise and there's really a demand for Python programmers out there. But, the question is what aspect or area of application is more profitable at the moment and in the near future?

Applications for Python
First of all, python is applicable in many areas of our day-to-day activities. Here is a high level overview of python application domain:
1) Web and Internet Development - Django, flask, Pyramid etc
2) Scientific and Numeric - SciPy, Pandas etc
3) Education - very good for teaching programming
4) Desktop GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces) - TkInter, wxWidgets, PyQt, Kivy etc
5) Software Development - SCons, Buildbot, Apache Gump etc
6) Network Administration

Read more on the official website...

Python Jobs
I made a search on one of the largest online job portal ( and 80% of the job offers are either in "Web & Software Development" and "Scientific & Numeric" categories. Other categories share the remaining 20%.

This isn't a surprise because the combination of the two categories made up the fields of Data Science, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing and Image Processing.

There are more and more people/companies looking for ways to automate their daily workflows.

I also searched for python jobs on a popular freelance website and below are the results...


So, from my simple analysis I strongly recommend anyone getting to learn python to add extra income to his/her pocket should learn any of the fields listed above.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Sir.

    Python is indeed a popular language especially in the areas of image processing, ML, AI, data science etc.

    Having a knowledge of these, can increase your earnings.